What is Board Certification?
Board Certification is The Florida Bar’s highest level of evaluation of the competency and experience of an attorney in his particular area of the law. Only Board Certified Attorneys are allowed to use the terms specialist, expert or Board Certified Specialist (B.C.S.) when referring to their legal credentials.
Beware of other Attorneys advertising their experience in International Law. International Law Board Certification is different and has greater requirements than simply being a member of the International Bar Association, of which Attorney Boyer is also a member.
Attorney Boyer is one of only 42 Board Certified International Attorneys out of the over 90,000 attorneys in the State of Florida as of June 1, 2014. Because Florida is the ONLY state in the nation that offers a specialty certification in International Law, he is also one of only 42 Board Certified International Attorneys out of the over 1 million attorneys in the entire United States.
The Florida Bar’s slogan for Board Certification is “Evaluated for Professionalism, Tested for Expertise.”
What Does International Law Board Certification Include?
The International Law Board Certification Exam includes:
– Business immigration
– International business transactions
– International litigation (such as when the Plaintiff or Defendant is overseas or a Domestication of a Foreign Judgment)
– International taxation
– Customs law
– And more.
What are the Benefits of Hiring an International Law Board Certified Attorney?
Under the Supreme Court of Florida, the Florida Bar has setup rigorous requirements for International Board Certified Attorneys. They must:
– Receive a passing grade on the International Bar Exam;
– Have a minimum of five (5) years of experience in International Law;
– Show substantial involvement in International Law;
– Provide peer reviews from other attorneys stating their competence in International Law as well as their character, ethics, and professionalism in the practice of law.
Board Certified Attorneys must also satisfy the requirements of the International Law Certification legal education requirements and continue to attend legal education courses to expand their existing knowledge on the subject.
These requirements were enacted in order to aid those searching for an International Attorney. By hiring a Board Certified Expert in International Law you are guaranteed a certain standard of professionalism and knowledge that you will not find anywhere else.