Many U.S. citizens as well as permanent residents get married in exotic places abroad. But there are not always aware that to be legally married there, they need to satisfy the host country legal requirements to get married.

Most of countries will request from the non-local fiancé an Affidavit of Eligibility to Marry to ensure for example that the foreign fiancé is not already married or has reached the legal age to get married in his own country.

Contact our firm to check on the requirements of the country where you intent do get married and obtain and an Affidavit of Eligibility to Marry and have your marriage authenticated by the U.S. authorities afterward.