The Professionals under the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) visa are only available to citizens of Canada or Mexico. The TN visa permits qualified Canadian and Mexican citizens to seek temporary entry into the United States to engage in business activities at a professional level.
Some types of professionals who are eligible to seek admission under the TN visa are: accountants, engineers, lawyers, pharmacists, scientists, and teachers.
To be eligible for TN non-immigrant status, some of the requirements are that:
- You are a citizen of Canada or Mexico
- Your profession qualifies under the regulations
- The position in the United States requires a NAFTA professional
- You have a prearranged full-time or part-time job with a U.S. employer
- You have the qualifications of the profession
Eligibility Criteria for Canadian Citizens
If you are a Canadian citizen, you must provide the following documentation:
- Proof of Canadian citizenship
- Letter from your prospective employer detailing items such as the professional capacity in which you will work in the United States.
- Credentials evaluation (if applicable)
If you are a Canadian citizen and are looking to apply for a TN visa, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Family of TN Visa Holders
Any accompanying or following family members may be eligible for TN nonimmigrant status. They must demonstrate a bona fide spousal or parent-child relationship. Dependents do not have to be citizens of Mexico or Canada.