Close this search box.

U.S. Employment Authorization Will Be Available for H-4 Visa Holders

employment authorizationSelect H-4 visa holders, for spouses of H1-B visa holders and other less common visas, will be able to apply for employment authorization this year.

This action was part of President Obama’s executive action on immigration, and it is the first reform to be implemented that is geared toward high-skilled immigrants, as the H1-B visa is only available to high skilled workers.

USCIS will begin to accept these applications on May 26, 2015, but it is important that the preparation process be completed as soon as possible, as the USCIS office is anticipating that as many as 179,600 people might apply this year.

If you are already an H-4 visa holder and your spouse has a pending Permanent Residency application, you should be eligible for employment authorization, and now is the time to apply. Waiting and processing times are almost guaranteed to drastically increase once the influx of H-4 visa holders begin to submit their applications.

If you are interested in applying for employment authorization or any other type of immigration visa or status, contact Boyer Law Firm, P.L.
today to see how we can assist you.

Share This:

Call Now