Close this search box.

B-1/B-2 Business/Tourist Visa

Avvo Rating - Francis M Boyer
15 Anniversary

Representing Domestic and International Clients

Recent Testimonials

Jaime E.
Jaime E.
Read More
Incredibly knowledgable and helpful! Responded to my questions and concerns promptly and efficiently. Would highly recommend this firm.

You may qualify for a B-1 visa in the U.S. if you are participating in business activities, commercial or professional in nature, including but not limited to:

You must demonstrate the following in order to be eligible to obtain a B-1 visa:

Initial Period of Stay – 1 to 6 months; 6 months is the maximum
Extension of Stay – Up to 6 months; maximum total amount of time permitted in B-1 status on any one trip is generally 1 year.

Family of B-1 visa holders such as your spouse and children are not eligible to obtain a dependent visa. Each of your dependents who will be accompanying or following to join you must apply separately for a B-2 visa and must follow the regulations for that visa.Family of B-1 Visa Holders

B2 Visitor Visa- for pleasure or medical treatment
(i.e. tourist)

The B2 visitor visa is for individuals desiring to enter the United States on a temporary basis for pleasure or medical treatment.

Who would need a B-2 Visa?

Frequently Asked Questions

The B-1 visa is for individuals participating in business activities in the U.S. This includes consulting with business associates, attending conventions, negotiating contracts, and other commercial or professional activities. It’s not meant for permanent employment in the U.S.
The initial period of stay for a B-1 visa holder is between 1 to 6 months. However, an extension of up to 6 months can be granted, with the maximum total duration of any one trip generally being 1 year.
The B-2 visa is for individuals wishing to enter the U.S. temporarily for pleasure, tourism, or medical treatment. This includes tourists, those visiting friends and relatives, individuals seeking medical treatment, and amateur athletes or musicians participating in events without compensation.
Family members, such as spouses and children, of B-1 visa holders are not eligible for a dependent B-1 visa. Instead, they must apply separately for a B-2 visa.
Yes, B-1 and B-2 visa holders must maintain the purpose of their visit. For instance, B-1 visa holders cannot seek permanent employment in the U.S. It’s crucial to adhere to the conditions of your visa to avoid potential legal implications.
Call Now