Close this search box.

Don’t Commit Immigration Fraud

Don't Commit Immigration FraudSo you would like to move to the United States. Someone has told you that the best and quickest way to become an American Citizen is to marry an American. When you’re told this, you don’t have any immediate plans to marry. Perhaps you aren’t even dating an American. You wonder if you should find someone who will marry you so you can become an American.

“Don’t commit immigration fraud. A conviction can easily land you in prison for years.”

You can stop right there. Don’t commit immigration fraud. The United States Federal Government takes immigration fraud very seriously. A conviction can easily get you deported with no right to re-enter, or worse—land you in prison for years.

The better way to become an American citizen is, well, to actually fall in love with an American and plan a future together. But if that’s not the hand you’re dealt, there are still many risk-free options to permanent U.S. residency, and sometimes even citizenship.

For starters, apply for a green card. Better yet, apply for citizenship. If you have enough savings, apply for an investment visa. If you already have a visa (or are part of the visa waiver program), you can apply for an adjustment of status. The immigration process is different depending on whether you are already in the United States or are still abroad. As counter-intuitive as it is, sometimes you must leave the United States in order to get your preferred immigration status or visa more quickly.

Don’t risk making the wrong move. Ask someone who is knowledgeable about the process and can guide you safely to your goal of living in the U.S.

If you have any questions about this article or would like to know more about becoming an American citizen, contact Attorney Francis Boyer today.

Share This:

Call Now