Close this search box.

E-2 Visa Gives You Rights

E-2 Visa Gives You Rights

As a non-American citizen, you may wonder how you can get access to more rights within the United States. For starters, if you haven’t already noticed, even the right to live in the U.S. is not easy to obtain. Even the visa waiver program (passport access) limits non-citizens’ right to live in the U.S. temporarily to only 3 months or less. Period. They are very strict about this timeframe. This right is expanded, however, for non-American citizens who have visas.

The right to work in the U.S. isn’t so easy to come by either. Anyone who comes to the U.S. in the visa waiver program, whether they know it or not, does not have the right to work in the U.S. Again, the right to work is generally reserved to those with visas.

“The E-2 Visa gives you rights in the U.S. beyond a passport.”

Every year, hundreds if not thousands of investors enter the U.S. to start or grow a business. It’s no secret why they choose to invest in a U.S. company. The E-2 Investor Visa gives you rights beyond a passport. This particular visa gives you the right to live in the U.S. for up to 2 years, or more if you request an extension. The E-2 visa also gives you the right to work in the U.S. It will probably be limited to working in or with the company you invest in, but hey, that is the key to becoming eligible for the E-2 visa (or nonimmigrant classification, if you’re changing your status).

For more information on how to acquire an E-2 Visa or if you have questions about immigration eligibility, contact Boyer Law Firm today.

Share This:

Call Now