When running a business with several partners, disputes between the partners are inevitable. Despite being unavoidable, disputes can be more easily resolved, and in some cases avoided entirely, if at the time of entering into the partnership the partners agree on the roles, rights, and duties of each partner. Ideally, this agreement should be reduced to writing in the form of a Florida Business Partnership Agreement.
Many partnership disputes stem from situations where one partner wrongfully diverts earnings to the majority owners through excessive compensation, wrongfully removes the minority owners from the board or other management position, or uses company funds to pay personal expenses.
Here at Boyer Law Firm, we will assist you in drafting a Florida Business Partnership Agreement that’s right for you and will litigate on your behalf, when necessary. Our firm handles a wide range of cases arising from disputes between partners, including:
- Breach of fiduciary duty
- Breach of Contract
- Disbursement and salary related issues
- Allegations of fraud and misrepresentation
- Violations of non-compete agreements
- Access to records disagreements
- Partnership Agreement disputes
- Forced business sales
- Defamation toward a business partner
- Misappropriating trade secrets
- Employment related issues
- Other contract disputes
- Misappropriation of funds
- Misappropriation of or wrongful interference with a business opportunity
- Wrongful expulsion of a partner from the business
If you are facing any kind of dispute with your partners, it is critical that you obtain representation by a Florida business litigation attorney. Our attorneys will review the details of the dispute to counsel and guide you through a plan of action that may bring about the desired result in your case.