Close this search box.

H-1B / H1B1 Skilled Worker Visa

Avvo Rating - Francis M Boyer
15 Anniversary

Representing Domestic and International Clients

Recent Testimonials

Jaime E.
Jaime E.
Read More
Incredibly knowledgable and helpful! Responded to my questions and concerns promptly and efficiently. Would highly recommend this firm.

The H-1B/H1B1 visa applies to people who wish to perform services in a specialty occupation, such as services relating to the Department of Defense (DOD) cooperative research and development project, or services as a fashion model of distinguished ability.

Here is United States Citizen and Immigration Service Eligibility Criteria:

The job must meet one of the following criteria to qualify as a specialty occupation:

For you to qualify to accept a job offer in a specialty occupation you must meet one of the following criteria:

Frequently Asked Questions

The H-1B/H1B1 visa is designed for individuals who wish to perform services in a specialty occupation in the U.S. This can include roles related to the Department of Defense (DOD) cooperative research and development projects or services as a distinguished fashion model.
A specialty occupation is one that typically requires a bachelor’s or higher degree for entry. The role should be so specialized and complex that the knowledge needed usually aligns with the attainment of a bachelor’s or higher degree.
Yes, if you hold a foreign degree, it must be equivalent to a U.S. bachelor’s or higher degree in the specialty occupation to be considered for H-1B visa eligibility.
If you don’t possess a degree, you can still qualify if you have education, training, or progressively responsible experience in the specialty that equates to the completion of a degree. Additionally, recognition of expertise through progressively responsible positions related to the specialty can also be considered.
Yes, there is an annual cap on the number of H-1B visas issued each fiscal year. However, certain exemptions exist, such as for individuals employed at institutions of higher education or related entities.
Call Now